The Offshore Infrastructure Regulator (OIR) was established under the Offshore Electricity Infrastructure Act 2021 to oversee the offshore renewables industry.
The functions of the OIR are administered by the National Offshore Petroleum Safety and Environmental Management Authority (NOPSEMA), and include the regulation of work health and safety, infrastructure integrity and environmental management for offshore infrastructure activities.
A protected offshore workforce and environment.
To assure the protection of lives and the environment.
- Professionalism | We will be accountable, consistent, reasonable and act in accordance with the law.
- Ethics | We will demonstrate respect and integrity in all we do.
- Impartiality – we will make our decisions on the merits of the circumstances and without undue influence.
- Leadership | We will be proactive, inclusive and decisive in our conduct as a pre-eminent regulator.
- Collegiality | We will make and act on informed decisions through open and respectful dialogue